Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kiva Update #1

Working at CEVI these past few weeks has been a delight. After familiarizing myself with the workflow and operations, I had the opportunity to initiate a conversation with the Marketing and Communications Department regarding their current processes and strategies for the CEVI-Kiva Partnership. Over the span of two days, we met to discuss and develop a strategic plan for fiscal year 2011.

Ruby Jane and Elvira focused on the topics at hand.
Jonar Dorado (Director of CEVI) noting targets and objectives.
Lunch break - time to refuel!  It's been a long morning and we need sustenance!

I also had the chance to attend two borrower cluster meetings in the town of Baclayon. The women entrepreneurs were warm and welcoming - they were excited by my presence and willing to share their stories with me.

I was able to interview five women and although some shared similar business interests, none of their stories were the same. Each woman invited me into her personal life, giving me a glimpse of her family, the challenges she faces, and her plans for the future.

Putting my interviewing skills to the test.
Group photo with the Taguihon Cluster.
Sharing some laughs!
Hut where the Santa Cruz Cluster meets.
Group photo with the Santa Cruz Cluster. And someone's dog!

Enjoy what you read?  If so, please support CEVI borrowers!

2 comments:

  1. Curious about how toilets are made in the Philippines? Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA8CtILcCyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always heard that MFIs loan very heavily to women and certainly seems to be the case here! Its lovely to see you in action :-)
    All the best,
    Manveen Aunty

    ReplyDelete